Friday, April 06, 2007

This, that and everything

Well, I am back again. To do exactly what, I am not sure. I am currently, in a very blissful state of mind. Yesterday, I was enthralled, the day before I was disoriented. But, back to today, and I feel a sudden calm, a serenity so close, that I can anticipate a surprise serendipity. (I, btw, love the movie and the word alike). It is as if, everything has quietened down, to detect the sly tip toes of something walking in, quietly but surely....

People say that first things should come first. I think that funny incidents should come first. Me and a very close girlfriend 'S' were listening to an old punjabi folklorish song by Shujaat Khan. The basic lyrics in the song are lajo-lajo, a very affectionate way of referring to the woman you love (and she would blush). The song barely has 10 lines of lyrics, but the music and the meaning make it a heady expereince. Anyways, S asks me about what the guy is singing. I readily tell her Lajo- Lajo. She says, "Who talks like that, man!" And I cannot stop laughing.

So, blissful. That is what I feel. Many years ago, I had felt something similar and had composed a poem.

God, I wish I could,
Breathe in the beautiful smell of love,
Savour the taste of this bud,
Souvenir it in my heart,
But, oh, lord! I fail upon all these
But stay in the hope, that,
Tomorrow’s another day.

Another day, that will come by me,
Help me breathe all these,
I will reach the desired peaks,
The forbidden places, the home of love,
From which we are guided against.
I will always remain in this hope,
After all tomorrow’s another day.

No blindfold shall hold me back,
There will be nothing that I will lack,
Only the lushness & the beauty,
That remains engulfing me,
The beautiful smell & the scenery,
All these have yet to come,
Yet the hope remains,
After all,
Tomorrow’s another day.

But today, I do not feel like penning anything. I feel like sharing things I like. I like the word repertoire, though the meaning does not suit it. I love alliteration. I love writing flowery beginnings. I love listening to slow songs (my bro thinks they are haunted). I love it when young Will recites instant sonnets for Voila in Shakespeare in Love. I love Kevin Arnold, when he misses Winnie Cooper. I love it when Racheal quits her job in Paris to be with Ross, when Joey comes back to Chandler to hug him, in spite of moving out. I love quotes like 'Diamonds are nothing but ordinary pieces of coal, that performed extraordinarily under pressure'. I love the crafts musuem in Delhi. I love pottery. And I love the German translation for I love you --Ich liebe Sie! I love the little girl who sells books at the traffic light outside my office. Because the first day that I had come to office, there was a puddle of dirty water that I would have stepped into, if she would not have come up to me and said very sweetly, "Didi, come from that side. Otherwise, your clothes will get dirty." I love the night scenes in the movie water, they are so beautiful. I love it when someone has a quick and witty retort to situations. I love it when people are honest. I love Pav bhaji. I love the colours crimson and black. I love to stare at the moon when there is a lukewrm breeze or a slight nip in teh air. I love to splash cold water on my face and stand out in the balcony at five in the morning. I love taking photographs and I love noticing constellations. I love earrings. I love the smell of fresh ground coffee.

I love to talk. And I talk to love....

9 comments:

Captain Max Gonzalez said...

yaar what can i comment? seriously im completely out of thoughts, it usually happens when i read ur posts or even talk to u on certain topics. love the way u write. keep geting better. c u :)

moonstruck maniac said...

Sassy, you are ageing gracefully!!! I mean the pace at which you are lofting higher with every entry, is worth applauding. This is so beautiful a post man! Muah!!! Keep it going man, keep it going! Moonstruck loves it

Sassy Satan said...

@VB: At the moment I dont know what to say. You know that PDA is cheesy, but, you really are an irreplaceable presence. Keep visiting and keep critiquing. You know too much praise is harmful na..

Asso..

Sassy Satan said...

@Moonstruck maniac: You realise Moonstruck, that writing honest and heartfelt feelings is always appreciated. However, it is only at digital blandlands like blogs, where the seeds of good words can be sowed these days. Elsewhere, they just await mindless pruning.

Love the fact that Moonstruck loves it. However, we want him to move his 'pen' soon... :-)

Tony said...

That's a lot of love

Sassy Satan said...

@Toe knee: Yes, it is. Both incoming and outgoing. Btw, after reading your post I am sure that I will never love my dentist!

Gyaan Guru said...

Post is B E A utiful (like always)... but gave me some kinda Dejavu. I dont why.

Gyaan Guru said...

oh and by the way I am still wondering if Risa felt hungry that night.

Sassy Satan said...

@GG: Hmmm..a deja vu`, I wonder why. Anyways, risa felt really hungry that night. Shall send you the story on your email. It is too silly to be put up here!