Saturday, April 07, 2007

Let all burn in hell...

Beginning an artcile by defining the dictionary meaning of the central idea has always seemed extremely insipid to me. But, I do not think that I have a choice today. I am short on time, completely anxious, and somewhat irked to get through with this. But hey, I shall not be so creatively starved! I think, wikipedia.org will be a much better reference than dictionary.com.

Now, wikipedia defines disgust is an emotion that is typically associated with things that are perceived as unclean, inedible or infectious. In The Expression of the Emotions in Man and Animals, Charles Darwin wrote that disgust refers to something revolting. Primarily in relation to the sense of taste, as actually perceived or vividly imagined; and secondarily to anything which causes a similar feeling, through the sense of smell, touch, and even of eyesight.

But surprisingly, the disgust that I feel at the moment is completely different. It is totally overpowering, brings with itself a sense of emotional deluge and internal constriction. I have the words to scream, but no voice. I have the hands to hit, but no strength. I have the reason to burst, but no logic for it. And it really, has nothing to do with the sense of smell, touch and even that of eyesight.

4 comments:

Captain Max Gonzalez said...

quite a radical swin in your mood, when i left u a few hours back, u were positively elated. kya ho gaya ?

Sassy Satan said...

Nothing much. The usual.

moonstruck maniac said...

Seems things are pressing hard on you man. Dont be disgusted sassy, disgust fucks and for no reason. Chin up sweets!!!

Sassy Satan said...

I am trying, but there is no respite in sight! :-(