Saturday, April 14, 2007

Eternal Temptations...

Its no more Friday, the 13th (when I had actually started this post) and am back again. To talk. To share. Or perhaps to just let go...

Eternal Temptations. Intriguing, isn't it? When I had started this blog, I believed that I was a word connoisseur (pronounced kon-uh-sur, seems like something airy is rolling off my tongue!). It sounds very lame now, but I never wanted to call myself a language lover. I loved to experiment with the power of words. To flirt with their utility. However, I could never justify why my blog was titled Eternal Temptations or why I christened myself Sassy Satan.

But as I look back now, I wonder endlessly. Who really am I? What is my profession? Is it what I do to earn my bread and butter, in this case earrings, or is it something that satisfies my eternal tempations, my cravings? As I was reading some fourteenth century literature, I stumbled upon some magnificiently ludicrous trends and professions. And it got my thoughts and questions moving again. What if I was a seller of indulgences?


What would I do? Would I sell tales of fantasy and astonishment to Scheherazade (isn't the name delicious), the legendary persian queen? Or help every young rebel direct their own Motorcycle Diaries? Or dissociate the disgust and fear asscociated with pagan rituals? Or explain that mysticisim too has scientific explanations? Would I give enough light to the concierge, the french Keeper of the Candles, who tended to visiting nobles in castles of the medieval era?Or would I help detach the sin associated with desire? Or would I make love eternal, beyond reason and calculations? Would innocence become necessary for life? Would kids have unlimited access to sugar and candies? Would I sell childlike joy to adults? Would I sell them the time to feel, understand and enjoy poetry? To sit and let a casual breeze ruffle their hair? Or the coldest dew drop evaporate from their faces? To enjoy a true hug from a happy toddler? Would I help them indulge in the brazen beauty of life? Honest smiles, genuine blush, the desire to go and dance in the rain, to hop-skotch with water puddles on the road? To scream themselves hoarse without bothering about 'people'? Would I help them enjoy a solitary dance on a dreamy, moonlit night? Or enjoy the softest strawberry, or the loveliness of a squishy tomato? Would I sell intoxicants, coffee or aphrodisiacs? Would I sell them moments when they can hear their heart overpower their head? Would love and lust dance together? Would I give them a voice to present their thoughts? The strength to defy judgements? Would kisses be more than merging tongues? Would there ever be an eternal moment enjoyed in a fleeting touch?Would would I ultimately sell, indulgences?

I am tempted...more so than ever...

Will someone ever come with some indulgences on offer?

3 comments:

Abhishek Chatterji said...

glad 2 c ur back on form garima..dat post ws wonderfully..'airy'....in ur words..selling indulgences huh..
'ur train of thoyght is sure long..'
dats the first thing that cm 2 my mind after readin dis entry....

Sassy Satan said...

Well yeah..when I begin writing,all I care about his getting it all out. Guess, I shall never learn to be economical with words.
But, thats an indugence that I totally enjoy..:-)

Abhishek Chatterji said...

well i n jyed reading it too..n u dun need to b economical with words..
so keep n jyin urself n keep delighting others