Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Food, Air and Water

There are many possible ways to begin this post. In fact, some of them brilliantly crafted. But I shall avoid all that jazz, and come straight to the point. Today I talk about Andhra food (which I have no clue about), my bhai (about whom I assume I know a lot about) and humour (about which it is rumoured that I have no clue).

I mention in one of my earlier posts that my bhai happens to be a foodie, and a real enthusiatic one at that. After a really long convincing session, he finally manages to take us to Andhra Bhawan, the state office (Building, canteen, site, premises??) of Andhra Pradesh. Am sure this will utterly disappoint him, but I am not going to critique the food/ambience/settings/price at the place. What interested me more was the wide array of observations that I could make. Well, I might just end up remarking something about the food/ambience/settings/price, depending upon my thoughts.

In spite of the intimidating Andhra influence that one senses upon entering, the place is actually pretty enjoyable. Surprisingly, there was no South Indian family sitting in close proximity. To my right was a gujarati family, to my back was a punjabi family and in front of me was a jat family. Now during a sumptuous dinner, I hear snatches of baddi mirchan haegiyan ne (thats punjabi for: there is a lot of chilli) and ke baat hai (thats a jat asking if there's a problem).

Well, in short the food was nice. The price was reasonable. And the fare was unlimited.

The true blue punjabi that I am, after being well watered and fell fed, I need to sleep. And sleep away to glory. But after the dinner, I could not indulge in such a luxury, as I had a 30 minute drive back home to look forward to. I avoid switching on the AC in my car, so I chose to roll down the window. Now one thing that I really miss these days is a fantastic bike ride. Both me and my brother are avid bike lovers (well, I just love the ride along). A car certainly is comfortable, but, it does not have the same charm as a bike. So, sleep induced that I was, I felt the first waves of the brilliantly lukewarm and tasty air sweep across my face.

I have never reached home faster, because I was oblivious to what was around me. With my eyes closed, I saw flashes of colour. Of nothing really. I lost all thoughts and observations. And now I have nothing to continue with. So, I end here.

Actually I do. My mum is a serious person. But when she cracks a joke, she gives it her best shot. This is how the curtain falls today:

Mum: How much is the balance in your salary account?
Me: Why?
Mum: Just like that. Dont I tell you everything?
Me: Yea, but I dont really ask you the balance in your salary account!
Mum: Ok, dont tell. But I do so many savings and investments in your name. Why dont you also start doing some in mine. Wink, Wink.

Ma. I enjoy your sense of humour.

5 comments:

Gyaan Guru said...

Talking about account balances and parents, my dad used to ask me "how much money do you have in your bank account?", he used to ask me regulary until he accidently got my credit card statement and now the question i changed he asks "how much money do you owe now to the bank?"

Sassy Satan said...

lo..u nd ur pjs raul. U should actually accumulate them and publish a book!!

moonstruck maniac said...

thats a smart thought from your mum

Sassy Satan said...

Most certainly! You know parents seem stupid, but they really aren't. :-)

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.