Friday, March 16, 2007

Endless Entries


It is actually true. I have loads of things to share. So, there will be loads of entries.


Statutory warning: Individual reflections. May not find flavour with everyone.


1) My astrologer said that I will start writing satire soon. I think he is a funny man.

2) I think the Delhi Metro is a wonderful thing to happen. Since, I take it every day, I have a bagful of experiences and observations to share. But, this in particular still tickles me. I was walking from the Barakhamba platform towards the stairs that go down to the Vishwidyalay platform. Suddenly, this surdie comes running out of nowhere and announcing, "..Hat jao-2..I have a metro to catch..rasta chodo..nahi toh accident ho jayega..."

P.S: E. Sreedharan has publically asked Delhites to behave in the Metro. Please pay heed.

3) Met a friend in the metro. At a point in time, we were very close. Then things went sour. And I assumed and maintained that things could never go back to the same level of comfort. We remained in touch but barely so. When I met him in the metro, things were different. I enjoyed being friends with him just like I had been in the days before. I enjoyed giggling on the silliest of things. Guess, not many people become special. If some do, trivial issues should not split them.

4) Co-incidences happen. And they make you smile. After I changed my metro at Kashmere Gate, I msged my friend how it had been nice to meet him. he had already sent me the same thing! And by this time, Max was already messaging me, on a different topic, that I could write a book called Con-incidence when i grow old.

5) You do not have to read about Greek tragedies only through Homer. Days on your own life can resemble one. Whereas I went home smiling due to the 'surdie-uncle-in-the-metro', my day had started on a cheery note, gone on to a hurt one, culminated ultimately in the sourest of ones in office and finally ended on a cheery one!

6) Close friends need 'personal space'. A concept still lost on me, after hours of deliberating with them amongst much yelling, fist using, punches and expletives.

7) In spite of all this, I still enjoy the moments spent with them. when the monkey peed on Max, when jigyz, pragya, max and mervs would not let me capture the beautiful leaf in Law Fac.

Leafing alone thrugh life....

3 comments:

Gyaan Guru said...

Metro is a boon especially to New delhi. Even i had real good experiences in metro when i used to travel daily from UTTAMNAGAR EAST to RAJIV CHOWK, RAJIV CHOWK to KASHMERE GATE and KASHMERE GATE to SHASTRI PARK
agla station Shastri Park hai, darvaaze daayi taraf khulenge,krpipaya savdhaani se utre, train se utarte samay baayein rahe

and once when this recorded thingy opted for Free will.. and JHANDEWAALA station had just passed it said Agla statio Jhandewaala hai, Darwaa.... The driver stopped it and said "Nahee Nahee agla station Karol Bagh hai, Jhandewaala nahe hai"

moonstruck maniac said...

ya man, our tragedy called life would have killed homer.

Sassy Satan said...

Homer?? It would certainly give Shakespeare a run for his money!