Saturday, April 21, 2007

Fiasco Roll (Like most posts, this one was begun yesterday and completed today)

It is certainly true that life offers one a taste of everything. From bitter sweet memories to salty alliances. In fact, even crisp experiences for that matter. And as is customary to such staid beginnings in a narrative, I too shall divulge the tasteful (tasteless actually) experiences that I had today. I may not appreciate the humour behind these once-in-a-lifetime moments post today, but I have not altogether lost an appetite for them.

After god-only-knows-how-many years, I woke up early and went to the temple at sharp seven in the morning. No need for the arched eyebrows! Today being an auspicious day was also the ocassion for a grah-pravesh puja at my new residence. So, I delightfully enter the temple premises, enjoying the playful strokes of a casual early morning breeze. But before I know, I bump into another delightful soul. One that stings me on my right foot. Yea, right. Benefits of waking up early morning: an itching pain all day long.

Now, some part the fiasco had been anticipated beforehand. My History examination had to start at 9 am sharp, and the puja was supposed to begin at 7.30. Now, do I really need to explain the entire story? I was late by a good 30 minutes for the exam, the teacher-in-charge had already marked me absent and submitted the detail-sheet to the office, there was no question paper for me and I was haplessly stranded. In a two hour examination, I could barely manage to finish my paper in the leftover hour. The icing on the cake, actually the spice on the roll came when my brother told me that such goof ups are once in a lifetime moments. Quite the positive spirit, isnt he!

This is where I continue...Its literally 21st today. So, is there ain't any point in conteplating what happened yesterday? or the day before? or every goddamn thing that has ever gone wrong? Yes and no. Yes- one needs to think about all that in order learn how to grow from such experiences (really?). No-because the fucking cycle will repeat itself, to bring new lessons. So, why bother?

Most of the time, its not even my fault when I see red. When I react spontaneously, it might be my fault. But, hey! I didnt trigger it. In any case, things come and things go. And where am I during this great transition, this great journey of lessons and tests? I am in my own world. Thinking about stupid things. Like why isnt everyone as honest and straightforward? Why do I feel jammed when it wasnt my goddamn fault to begin with? Why do I still feel jammed even after establishing it wasnt my fault?

Now, I know my profile says that Ithe light at the end of tunnel seems dark and that I carry my own torchlight. Well, I really try to! Found a very different approach to the same today: The light at the end of the tunnel is the headlamp of an approaching train...

Have you had the impulse to step out of the way and not get trampled?

4 comments:

Abhishek Chatterji said...

"The light at the end of the tunnel is the headlamp of an approaching train..."

dats gud...at least u realized it..;)

Sassy Satan said...

:-)

jairaj said...

The light sometimes at the end of a tunnel fears me of a train sometimes. I'm sorry but it worries me at times. (Nope no luck with Wonder Years, have to head to Pallika someday soon). Well-written I must say, cheers!

Sassy Satan said...

Thanks Jerry. The train scares me too, but I am hoping that I will see it in time and act accordingly. Good luck with Wonder Years. Tadaa!