Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The coy and the dangerous. And I hate them...

In life, well in office life at least, you will find three basic types of people. The first type are the ones who help you and might eventually become your friends (mind you, this species may very well go up the extinct list). The second are those that are trying to screw you. And the third ones are those that screw your happiness.

Today, a colleague of mine, suddenly made the transition from the first to the third category. In a few seconds, in a spate of words. And obviously, in a rush of sour vibes and hurt feelings. Not hers, but mine.

People think or at least assume that if you are good to them, they can walk all over you. Why do people need to push a peer down to escalate themselves? It is quite surprising actually how colleagues peep, prod and inquire into every little sound and scene that happens in my life.

We might share the same cubicle honey, but that is where it stops.

My boss is raisng her pitch. She is still in the first category. Lets wait for the transition.

Off for another few hours of 'word'ly wars...

7 comments:

moonstruck maniac said...

humans love watching other humans - Seinfeld.
Well our current definition of success is 'If you wish you were taller, cut the other in half'.
that applies to a challenge, where everything is fair, but here, no no no no no no.

Sassy Satan said...

Yep, but, it is not the watching but the interfering that irritates me. Peek all you want, but dont question me on everything. You know people's definition of success and their routes to it have changed so drastically, that it is astounding. In fact, I recently read somewhere- If you cannot change a situation, change your thinking. I mean wtf!!

You know what I think 'if you wish you were taller, wear a four inch heel.' ;-)

moonstruck maniac said...

You must have read it in my office HT where it is writ in large letters - IF you cant change the situation, change your point of view'. Yes I'd say FUCK YOU!!!
Now a four inch heel always makes a woman look sexier, and well... erm.... taller. I dont know if that is a good thing given I am not that tall and cant even wear heels. SO I am going to cut you in half ha ha ha (monstrous laugh)

Sassy Satan said...

You work for HT? didnt read the quote in HT, but GE. Guess, they are all the same.
And see, Mr. Moonstruck. When you are five three and nothing, heels become a natural compulsion. :-)But, being sassy and satanic, I do not think that I would be needing heels at any point in time to make me sexier. ;-)
As far as moonstruck people are concerned, you may be able to get away with the heels too!

moonstruck maniac said...

yes all the offices are the same. and what do u mean by five foot three and nothing? surely, being sassy and satanic you dont need heels to make you look or fel sexier.

Sassy Satan said...

that is where I stopped growing vertically- five foot three inches. And i can never survive footwear let alone heels.

Gyaan Guru said...

Ooops... I planned to leave a comment on the 3 types of people in the office... but, I guess, I got a wrong number, this is the Height and Footware department.