Thursday, October 05, 2006

In a very pensive mood. Though of writing a poem. Here is the fruit of my labour.

Screech

If life’s a rolling wheel,
And smooth be its function
Then why this screech that we encounter
On every decisive junction
Maybe I m pushing too hard,
Or maybe the wheel’s too splintered
Are excuses going to suffice?
Well, my journey is most certainly hindered.
Push as I might, some stone becomes a jerk
Pushes me to think, and rest while I ponder
But of course, thinking is wasting,
Precious time that there is,
The wheel is dysfunctional,
And all opportunities amiss,
Wistful thinking now,
I wish my life wasn’t a wheel.

5 comments:

Varun Cheemra said...

Ah, on one hand you ask me if loving someone is such a bad thing, and then I find you complaining about your life having had become such a wheel.

The poem is wonderful, but I don't follow your thought flow. Intriguing, to say the least.

And thanks for visiting.

Sassy Satan said...

Hey, I never said that lovin someone is bad. I just said that, as a thumb rule, always check your position in your love's life before making him/her, the center of your universe.

Anyways, thanks for your feedback about my poem. Well, complaining is a word that I prefer steering clear of, :-), it was more of a personal wondering , perhaps.

Thanx for reading this almost mail-like comment..nd thanx for visiting my blog too!!

Rohit Dhawan said...

Won't be long before life become a "wheel of fortune" ;)

Unknown said...

I never knew I know such a poet in the making

Sassy Satan said...

thanx (dripping modesty)...